2015-2016 Sarasota Viper Winter Series

Started by Travis Yates, June 30, 2015, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Hyerstay

I'd be happy to fly down to crew if possible.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Steve Chapman

I was the 15th boat to register for the Sarasota Winter Series. As it was only 28 F here this morning I know why 211 is on its way south!!
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Justin Scott

Quote from: Travis Yates on October 20, 2015, 05:56:46 PM
We have ten boats so far. That is our five from Sarasota and five from up north.

Seven Sarasota boats and Eight visitors. We are up to fifteen and still counting!!!!!!
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Colin Santangelo

Viper #155 is available for charter for events this winter.  See post under "Charter Boats" for more details and some info about the boat's great race record down South.

http://forum.viper640.org/index.php/topic,2033.msg17577.html#msg17577

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Travis Yates

We have 19.... do I hear 20....how about 21+! There are still at least 3 of you that I personally know have told me your coming.
Please take a second and register NOW if you know you are going to do it eventually. From an event planning and budgeting point of view it is a huge help and it will also hold back the tide of communication from your fiends and Viper Class pals continuing to message you harassing/supportive emails....pushing to help you make the great decision to come sailing in Florida this winter.

The Super El Nino will not keep the icy cold away from the NE much longer. VIPERS do not like to be cold so do yours a favor and send it south!
Sidewinder
USA #244
Sarasota Sailing Squadron

Travis Yates

And now it is 20 boats signed up for the Winter Series! Thanks Henry, going to be great to have you back again this year. For those of you keeping score, that is three VA boats already with the promise of at least one more (and hopefully more)... Mid-Atlantic is on fire!
Sidewinder
USA #244

Tim Carter

Lt Coast Gov

Peter Beardsley

24 entries now.  That escalated quickly.  I know of another 5-6 boats who say they will definitely be there, and there are a couple of charter options available for people who don't want to send their own boats down. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Sail22

The Sail22 demo boat will be available for the January and February events. Send me a note or call. If anyone wants to set up a demo during another time we can arrange that too.

Later,

Ed Furry
Sail22, LLC
[email protected]
574-889-0022

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

T-Minus One Month Until the Kick Off of the Sarasota Viper Winter Series

December 12-13, 2015
January 9-10, 2016
February 6-7, 2016

Almost halfway through November and with only thirty days to go until we kick off the 2015-16 Sarasota Winter Series, it is still practically summer down here in southwest Florida. Highs are peaking in the upper 80's with lots of sun and good breeze. As most of the country wraps up it's sailing season, here in Sarasota we are just getting fired up!

At the time of this writing there are 25 teams registered for December 12-13th event with at least two more teams pledged to be on the starting line. Those are great numbers for the first event this winter and registration numbers for the January and February events are even better. The Sarasota Viper Fleet hopes to reach our goal of getting 30 lucky teams on the line in Sarasota this winter and then carrying that momentum into the always popular, Bacardi EFG Miami Sailing Week in March.

If you, or your team, are on the fence about the December event please reach out to any one of us here in Sarasota if there is something we can do to help make the event a reality for you. One new thing we are very excited to offer as part of the December event this year is a free Friday Afternoon Viper Tuning and Training Clinic. Run by North Sails' Zeke Horowitz, this event should get all teams present rigged up right, moving well in the boat and up to speed on the racecourse.

If you cannot pull off the December event and are still not fully locked into the January and February Sarasota events (and Miami in March), don't forget that in addition to the individual event scoring here in Sarasota, we score the overall Winter Series by dropping 30% of a boats scores over all the races sailed in the series. Two of the top five boats (including the overall series winner) in last year's Winter Series were only able to sail two of the three events!

We look forward to seeing everyone down south soon,
The Sarasota Viper Fleet

NoR and online registration:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/11371

If you need any logistical, boat charter or registration help please email, txt or call Travis Yates, 941-350-0908 [email protected]
Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Steve Chapman

And now that you are signed up for Sarasota, go ahead and sign up for Miami.

The EFG Winter Cup March 6-7 NOR and sign-up are here:
http://www.viper640.org/events/efg-winter-cup-2/

The main EFG Pan American Championship at Bacardi Sailing Week is March 10-12.
Event sign-up is at  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1548

Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

Michelle Lee sends this update flyer on the Pre-Regatta Viper Clinic North Sails' Zeke Horowitz will be hosting in Sarasota, FL, on December 11th.
Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Jeff Danhauer

I am available to crew January and February if anyone needs an extra member.  Would love the opportunity to get back on a boat.  I plan to move my boat (Wild Turkey 141) to lake Michigan this summer in the hopes of building some interest there.  I feel this series will help this venture. 

Cole Constantineau

Hey everybody!  Looking forward to meeting new faces and catching up with old ones this weekend!

I was just wondering if there was anyone around on Friday who was interested in crewing during the clinic.  My 3rd crew member isn't flying in until the evening, so we have an open spot on Friday.  Seeing as it's a clinic, I'd be willing to bet all of us on the boat will be trying different positions and learning new things; should be fun!  Anyways--let me know here, or through email:  [email protected], or at the Sailing Squadron (I'll be there starting tomorrow afternoon).