Bermuda 2016 North Americans

Started by Douglas De Couto, March 13, 2015, 02:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somers Kempe

32 registered now.

Only 20 of the available shipping vouchers have been claimed.  10 left.  If you don't pay when you register, you don't get a voucher.  So pay when you sign up, and do it quick!
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Peter Beardsley

36 entries now...how many of them have claimed shipping vouchers?  Seems to be an effective tool to dangle over people's heads to get folks to register early and often.

If only I had known that the key to getting a lot of people to sign up for an NAs was to put the event in an exotic, slightly expensive location and then offer a massive discount to early birds...can we get NASA to sponsor the 2020 NAs on Titan Lake, Saturn?   Good news is that we can seed a new fleet.  Bad news is that the Saturn guys don't travel well.  May have to start signing up now since it'll take a few years to get there.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Somers Kempe

5 vouchers left.

What's the weather like at Titan Lake in November? Shorts and t-shirt weather??

Cole Constantineau

You guys are good, I gotta say.  I was really thinking I wasn't going to do this event next year.  Next thing I know I see 38 boats on the scratch sheet, and I have Justin, Dan, Somers, and Peter putting the pressure on, and what do you know, looks like I'll be there.  Really looking forward to this event..it's going to be pretty special!!

John Leyland

You're absolutely right Cole.  This is going to be awesome!  Can't wait.
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Somers Kempe

The article was leaked to the media a few days ago.
http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20151202/SPORT03/151209944

Shaping up to be epic.

3 vouchers left as of 9:00AM EST today.

Somers Kempe

2 vouchers now.  It's now 11:00am EST.

Am also looking into getting a firm $$ with respect to boats coming in with their rigs stuck together, and not in 2 pieces.  Will spread the word (in forums, on regatta website in the Shipping FAQ) when I hear anything to report.

Somers Kempe

1 voucher left.
Congrats to Boomslang who was the 29th boat to register and pay who will be getting a shipping voucher. 
11:50am EST and 1 voucher left!

40 boats fleet. 

Somers Kempe

All the vouchers are taken.  :)
I will be starting a waiting list from here on to account for boats dropping out (hopefully not!).

And stand by.  We are still working on making this event even better value.
Should have some more news early next week.

Somers Kempe

Hi Dave,
Shipping FAQ in the Documents and Forms section of the Event Website on Yacht Scoring.
Take a read through, and let me know if you have further questions.

Somers Kempe

Good news - BISL, one of the shipping companies has produced a great guide to shiping through their terminal in Salem, NJ.

I have posted the document to the Docs section of website.

Also - the shipping companies (BISL & SISL) servicing ports in Salem, NJ and FL will keep the same rate if you have a one piece mast, and are not able to store the rig in two pieces within the boat (which is preferred method).  Great news for a few folks who were looking at additional costs because their rigs were locked in one piece.

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

David Furna

Justin Scott

There is a faint but distinct aroma of "Fifty" in the air
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Aroma of Fifty........The perfume specially commissioned by the Viper class Governors for Bermuda from our dear friend Pino Silvestre
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee