Bermuda 2016 North Americans

Started by Douglas De Couto, March 13, 2015, 02:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Boston

All packed up and ready to go! This is what we are playing for next week..
Travel safe and see you there!

Brad Boston
Jackpot 235

Jason Hyerstay

Why are there so few teams in the corinthian list? It seems like most of the teams are corinthian.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Somers Kempe

Because most teams have not entered in their correct or unexpired ISAF sailor Id, so the system doesn't recognize them as Corinthian.  If they enter it them in properly before the regatta starts then they will be listed as Corinthian.
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Jason Hyerstay

Just for fun, I went thru the process and it was very easy, from creating a World Sailing account, to filling out the web form for my status.

I would encourage teams to do this, because it looks good for our class to show how much corinthian participation we get.

Cheers! Good luck this week to everyone.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Somers Kempe

Craig Wilusz

At airport, heading home, had a ball, made some new friends.  See you all at Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida, last week of October next year for NA's

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Eddy Parker

Great time last week, my old self is feeling it today.  As Craig said, met a bunch of new people and they were all a lot of fun.  I'll be eating beans and rice for the next year to pay for the trip, but it was worth it.

Somers Kempe

All, what I have received from BCL (Port Elizabeth) with regards to free time and ultimately instructions on picking up the boat.

Free Time is 5 days and the costs are listed in photo attachments.
Based on weight or measurement – with minimum as noted attached.

However an appointment is required to pick up the boats and the appointment has to be made the day before (before noon).  I suggest the boat owners call Kevin Grady 908-413-4159 or Chris Dubina 908-296-7823 Wednesday next week for an update on the ship's arrival and when the boats might be available. Pick up based on boats are U.S. Customs cleared.

For Monday pick up the boat owners have to call Kevin or Chris on Friday (Nov 25) before noon to make a pick up appointment for Monday (Nov 28).  Again based on boats are U.S. Customs cleared.

There will be no pier charges due at time of pick up.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on November 20, 2016, 12:50:11 PM
At airport, heading home, had a ball, made some new friends.  See you all at Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida, last week of October next year for NA's

Somers, Doug, everyone from Bermuda.......Great time. Great event. Rest of the team send their thanks as well. We all had a blast.....even despite the scooter rash.

Congrats to Zeke and his band of brothers. It was a classy win.
Congrats to Jeff, Geoff and Spencer for a well earned win in the Corinthians (I can report that this was not due to avoiding the bar and going to bed early each night)

But most of all congratulations to the forty boats (out of forty one) who all scored at least two double digit finishes and congratulations to the thirty seven boats who all had at least one race finish in the top half of the fleet.  Its an astonishing statistic which says a lot for the close racing in the Viper class....and we wont be satisfied until we have helped four more boats get a top half result.

Craig......Your and Deborah's enthusiasm for the class is infectious. You bet the Mambo Kings will be at Fort Walton. It sounds like a lovely spot.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Darren Gilbert

Scooter Rash?  Hopefully a quick shot of Penicillin can clear that up for you Justin!
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)