Bermuda 2016 North Americans

Started by Douglas De Couto, March 13, 2015, 02:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas De Couto

Hi all,

Please see attached a brief info sheet that we were handing around at Miami 2015 to give basic background on the North Americans to be held in Bermuda next November (2016).  Email [email protected] for more info, and we will provide more info shortly on our website http://viper640.bm

Thanks

Doug

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot  #235

Douglas De Couto

Greetings race fans,

Please see attached the updated event announcement with dates and shipping costs for your planning purposes, as of October 2015.

Schedule is firm as follows:

Sun Nov 13 - Warm up event day 1
Mon Nov 14 - Warm up day 2
Tues Nov 15 - Lay day, check in , measurement
Weds Nov 16 - NAs day 1
Thurs Nov 17 - NAs day 2
Fri Nov 18 - NAs day 3
Sat Nov 19 NAs day 4, prize giving

Registration will be via Yachtscoring.com once the NOR is finalised.

Shipping costs are as follows, *without rebate*; these are sponsored by the shippers as it is:

* Single trailer: $3k round-trip
  * Double-stack trailer: $4k round-trip, or $2k round-trip per boat

We additional can offer a $1,000 rebate for the first 30 boats that enter and pay their entry fee.  So, for example, you can achieve a $1,500 round-trip cost if you double-stack (= ($4k - $1k) / 2 )

Read the sheet for the rest and hit us with questions:

Douglas De Couto (Regatta Chair) - [email protected].edu  +1 441 707 5537 mobile
Somer Kempe (Logistics) - [email protected] +1 441 704 0102 mobile

Somers Kempe

As you can see from the attachment, the regatta planning is a fair way along, with a # of sponsors already lined up.  The NOR is being finalized and we should have a yachtscoring site up and ready to start taking registrations very very soon.  But with planning on the mind of many of you, we have quickly put together the attachment to help with initial logistics.

I will start to watch this thread in the forums to take any questions, or feel free to reach out to me at that email.
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Somers Kempe

Some additional good news for those interested in travelling to Bermuda in November 2016.
http://bernews.com/2015/10/aa-to-increase-flights-to-bermuda-from-jfk/
Also gives an overview of travel options to the island.

David Hillmyer

Is there any interest on island for purchasing a delivered "used" boat after racing?

Dave

Somers Kempe

Hi David,
At this point, all I can say is there may be an interest locally.  I will be forwarding people to this forum thread if I hear of anyone.
Somers

Somers Kempe

Been a great weekend of Vipering and hosting the Mambo Queens team in Bermuda this past weekend.

Stand by, we will be opening the 2016 North Americans registration later this week.  NoR will be posted to Yacht Scoring, and first 30 boats to register will be in line for a shipping voucher.

Watch this space!

Somers Kempe

Happy Thanksgiving American friends! 

FYI Registration goes live Black Friday at Noon EST.

yachtscoring.com is the place to go, and first 30 boats to register and pay registration fee will qualify for the Shipping discount.  Read more on Yacht Scoring on Friday!

Buttons should be sending out a blast email to the class as well.

Enjoy your turkey!

Somers Kempe

Michelle Lee

We're registered.  Looking forward to seeing you in Bermuda.  :-)

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 29 entries.  That was fast.  Not all of them are coming from the mainland but still, not a ton of discounted shipping slots available for those who are late to the game.  We also officially have more Larchmont teams traveling to Bermuda than I can get to travel to a regatta in Newport or Marblehead.  Not quite sure what that means, but I think a lot of people are anxious for some blue water Viper sailing. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

John Leyland

Almost a year out and we're at 30 with 7 boats being from Bermuda, leaving 7 opportunities for the discounted shipping.

Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Eddy Parker

Would anyone be willing to loan out a 2 part mast or know of someone willing to do so?  Mine is glued together.  I would be willing to do a temporary swap if they want to keep sailing while the boats are in Bermuda.

Eddy Parker
Granny's Hoe

Colin Santangelo

Would anyone who has registered want to split a double trailer set-up for shipping to Bermuda?

Preferably in the NE / LIS area.

Colin