2015 Miami Sailing Week

Started by Peter Beardsley, October 09, 2014, 10:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Registration now open - Viper racing Mar. 5-7 for the EFG Pan American Championship, not counting the EFG Winter Cup Mar. 1-2.  Easy transport from Sarasota if you want to tune up in Florida at a few events beforehand.  http://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1222
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Craig Wilusz

Myasasaur is registered.  Looking forward to it, expect for Justin's influence on Deborah's shopping the booths.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Peter Beardsley

12 Vipers registered already, good start. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 15 entries.  Outpacing even the Stars for now, which won't last forever, but it's fun to see.  Also a sign that this may be shaping up to be the largest Miami turnout ever if anyone is on the fence about going.  4.5 months to pull together logistics, plenty of time.  3 days of Pan American Championship, 2 days of EFG Winter Cup = at minimum 5 days of racing over the week, not counting The Scorch or any Sarasota racing earlier in the winter. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Falling gas prices = cheaper Viper shipping via commercial truck to Florida?  Quite likely.  Start making winter plans.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Douglas De Couto

Hi all,

I'm looking for a charter for these events.  I'll be flying in from Bermuda so need delivery or leads on organizing. 

Let me know if you have any leads or suggestions, I've had some good times on the water in Miami and looking forward to hitting it again.

- Doug

BER 73

Peter Beardsley

Doug,

I just sent you a message -- email me re: charter options. 

23 Vipers now signed up for Miami - still expecting 30-35 on the starting line...
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Craig Wilusz

Rumor has it Lee Eikel and the boys (former Last Call) may be looking for a boat.

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Peter Beardsley

31 Vipers now registered for Miami.  Another 5-8 still expected to sign up before the end of the month -- room for plenty more of course.  We've never had 30+ Vipers signed up for Miami before, so nice work everyone.  Should be a fantastic event.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Peter Beardsley

34 Vipers now registered thanks to Ben Robbins and his team from Texas.  Pretty exciting stuff.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Peter Beardsley

Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Joe Healey

Hi All,

I will be heading down to Miami for the Winter Cup. My problem is that my crew can't make it until Wednesday. Any other owners with the same problem and want to team up for the event?

Joe H
Viper 121 Live Wire

Peter Bauer

If anyone wants to save airfare from NY we have room in the hogmobile for one additional person.  And we know some good BBQ joints on the route

Joe Healey

What Time are you guys leaving? I am driving solo so I could use another driver.

Viper 121 Live Wire