2014-2015 Sarasota Winter Series Dec 13-14th, Jan 10-11th and Feb 7-8th

Started by Travis Yates, September 23, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis Yates

As it gets cooler up north, the Sarasota Viper Fleet is getting fired up to host a fantastic East Coast Winter Series. Based on feedback from the class and a test run last winter, the Sarasota Viper Fleet will host a three event series that feeds from the Mid-Atlantics/Gulf Coast Champs and into the EFG Pan American Championships in Miami.

The Sarasota Sailing Squadron will host the series and allow all participants to store their boats, rig-up-ready to sail, for $40/month November through March. 

Here is the link to the live registration, REGISTER TODAY! YOU KNOW YOU ARE CONSIDERING IT SO JUST PULL THE TRIGGER AND THE DETAILS WILL WORK THEMSELVES OUT.
http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/9200

AT A GLANCE

•   $300 registration for all three 2-day events
This includes 3 shirts, Saturday dinners, continental breakfasts and beer/water.

•   $100 registration for any single 2-day event
This includes 1 shirt, Saturday dinners, continental breakfasts and beer/water.

•   $40/mo for mast-up boat storage Nov-Mar

•   Local fleet members will help with receiving your boat from up north and sending your boat to Miami. Actual shipping arrangements will be up to individual owners.  Last year the cost to ship a double Viper trailer from Miami to Sarasota was $250 one-way on Uship!
Sidewinder
USA #244
Sarasota Sailing Squadron

Dave Banyard

Take a look through our facebook page if you'd like to see some action from last winter's sailing down here in FL:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarasota-Viper-640-Fleet/587973181298375?ref=bookmarks

Looking forward to seeing y'all here this winter!

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Travis Yates

Great Craig!
Look forward to seeing you down here. We raced yesterday (class start during the Sarasota YC Invitational) with our group, after getting blown out Saturday. Saturday was 28-41kts all day but, Sunday's 12 to 19+kts was fantastic with blue skies 72deg water and 68deg air in the middle of the 'cold front' that rocked the east coast!
For those of you sitting on the fence about Sarasota, give me a call or shoot me an email with what we need to do to get you committed to keeping your boat (and your sailing sole) from going into a cold winter hibernation until March.
The first event in December is the same weekend as the Sarasota Christmas Boat Parade which is a truly unique way to get into the spirit that can be done in shorts with the best vantage point in town right at the Sailing Squadron seawall. Michelle Lee #202 hosts an epic seawall-side hot coco/cocktail/smoars parade viewing event that is kid friendly and adult fun!
Looking forward to hosting,
Travis

941.350.0909 or [email protected]
Sidewinder
USA #244

Dave Banyard

Looks like 10 boats registered so far.  Planning is well underway - should be a great series!  Hope to see everyone in Dec.

Dave
119 Tucker McElroy

David Hillmyer

Carson Reynolds

Sending my boat (187) to Sarasota on 1/19, should be up to sail the 2/7-2/8 event then off to Miami.

David Hillmyer

Excellent Carson. We're at 14 now and you'll make it 15. See you in Sarasota and congrats on the win with Alex in SoCal last weekend.

Dave

Peter Beardsley

And there are at least two more boats I know of who will make it 17 whenever they get around to signing up. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Dan Tucker

Great job on getting boats down there!

If anyone needs crew, please let me know, I'd love to go to at least one of these. In fact, my 15 year old daughter had so much fun last year, she's pestering me to take her to one or two of these! We MAY turn up with one more boat for the final one, stay tuned...
Race it like you stole it.

Travis Yates

It is warm and windy down here right now and it would seem like we have more people that want to sail then boats in Florida.... not sure if there are any factory demo boats still in existence and for sale? If there are it has gotta be easier to sell a boat(s) and help build the class by getting new folks out in boats down here then showing them boats in a warehouse up in the snow.

Along those lines, for all of you current class members that have your Viper for sale, perhaps you should consider storing it down here for $40/month, where you can show/charter/sell it during the winter months.

Just ideas to get people out viper-ing

Sidewinder
USA #244

Michelle Lee

Looks like we're going to have perfect Viper weather for the regatta this weekend!  Clear skies, with highs in the upper 60s and wind 15-20. 

The homemade hooch (in all sorts of flavors from Limoncello to "Sambuca" to "Kahlua") is ready and I'm starting to make the spicy chili in the next few days...

All we need now is for the rest of the fleet to arrive.  :-)  Can't wait to welcome you all to sunny Sarasota.

Cheers,
Michelle #202

Craig Wilusz

Good times, I think we got nine races in?  Congrats to The Lotz's on their win.  SSS did a nice job.  We left #100 there and are coming back.

The RC did a great job with the shifts, and moving the line around, nice work. 

See ya soon.

C & D
#100 "Myasasaur"
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Brad Boston

Congratulations to Phil and Wendy Lotz for their terrific sailing on the weekend!  Sarasota put on a great first winter series regatta with 9 races over two days.
It was great meeting new faces at the event and seeing old ones also.

Brad Boston