2014 Hampton YC Fall Fling & Mid-Atlantics Nov 8/9

Started by Peter Beardsley, September 08, 2014, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole Constantineau

Pretty sure all of the above are going to be there..I'm making the drive from Boston, and looking forward to one last Viper regatta for the season!

Steve Taylor

The 10 listed above are all confirmed for this weekend.

505 World and NA Champion crew Jeff Nelson will be on hand to run the clinic Friday afternoon 2-6PM.

Debrief in the HYC Sailing Center afterwards. Feel free to join us at the debrief/ welcome party even if you can't make the clinic.

Breeze forecast looks great for the Friday clinic. More moderate for Sat, slightly better on Sunday.

We can still arrange housing/ help with crew.

Peter Beardsley

Results attached.  Fun weekend in Hampton -- writeup for the website coming later this week with a full report on why east coast boats should make the trip in 2015.  With the Hampton fleet growing by leaps and bounds, there will be a lot more regattas down there going forward.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Doug Mroz

Even tho we had light wind and did not end up doing as well as we hoped, we still had a great time! Great laid back southern hospitality by the viper guys down there, made us feel right at home. All the oysters you could eat made for a great regatta party. Defiantly a must do regatta!

Ron Thompson

Thanks to Peter for letting me drive his boat and introducing me to Viper fever.
He is a great advocate for the class.

The class is growing at HYC.  We hope more boats will join us next November. 

Ron

Cole Constantineau

I had a great time down in Virginia!  The southern hospitality was absolutely top notch, and I can't wait to sail with the gang down there again.  I'm definitely planning on making this an annual thing!

Michael Gravitt

Thanks to all for coming down and supporting our growing fleet. Next time bring some less talented sailors so I have more competition. Really enjoyed having you here.

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"