2014 Hampton YC Fall Fling & Mid-Atlantics Nov 8/9

Started by Peter Beardsley, September 08, 2014, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

NOR attached.  Quote Steve Taylor from 6 days ago: "I'm working on an on-line registration to bring us to the 2000's. Hope to have it up and running by this weekend and will post to the forum."

I am planning to go, and I know several of the MidAtlantic teams are planning to attend.  Hopefully Steve will chime in soon and we can get a running scratch sheet together.

It sure would be great if the free indoor winter boat storage was an option again this year to entice some northerners to make the trip.  In any event, I am thinking this will end up being a 10-15 boat regatta now that there are 4 Vipers in Hampton in 2014. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Cole Constantineau

I'm going to be making the trip down from Boston..Looking forward to this regatta!

Steve Taylor

Join us in Hampton in November for the HYC Fall Fling Regatta. NOR attached.

Register on-line at: http://www.alareg.com/_hycfallfling

Great venue on and off the water. Bring your oyster shucking knife for the Saturday night Oyster Roast!

The 5th HYC Viper is crossing the Atlantic now and several others from the Mid-Atlantic and beyond have already expressed interest in coming. We look forward to a good turnout.

Let me know if you need housing or have any questions.

Steve Taylor

Peter - We've got a 5th Viper crossing the pond now bound for HYC!

I've started a new thread for the 2014 Fall Fling.

Cole Constantineau

Peter Beardsley

I am also signed up.  Steve: let's get a working scratch sheet together.

1. 219 Taylor
2. 220 Schuster
3. 181 Moore/Allardice
4. 44 Gravitt
5. 39 Constantineau
6. 222 Beardsley
7. 230 Eberwine / Amthor
8. 86 Mroz
9. 50 White / Zinger
10. 108 Parker
11. 123 Asch?
12. 201 Ewenson?
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Eddy Parker

The young Parker will most likely be there with 108, keeping Furna out of trouble. Work is getting in the way of fun, I'll be in New Orleans that weekend.  She sails better than I do anyway.  I hate to miss this race, it was a great time last year.  HYC knows how to treat their guest!

Steve, do you still have her CRW shirt and cooler?

Michael Gravitt

New Orleans over Hampton??? Will miss you up here.  Let me know if they need anything if they come up. The numbers are coming up...this will be a blast this year. Sailing, oysters beer and warm water! What more can you ask for.

Michael Gravitt

I spoke to several people at the HPDO that were interested. If so, please regester. The best way to get others to join is to show who is coming.  had a blast in NY even though we only sailed one day. Thanks to all. Brad...still owe me a drink. Love the new kite...

Peter Beardsley

Updated scratch sheet:

1. 219 Taylor
2. 220 Schuster
3. 181 Moore/Allardice
4. 44 Gravitt
5. 39 Constantineau
6. 222 Beardsley
7. 230 Eberwine / Amthor
8. 86 Mroz
9. 50 White / Zinger
10. 201 Ewenson
11. 158 Denton

Any others? 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Pete Denton

Does anyone know how many confirmed boats are going to Hampton, Va this weekend?  Winds look light for our long drive,
Pete Denton - 158

Peter Beardsley

I think the list above is confirmed attendees. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"