2007 High Searra Regatta

Started by Alan#38, March 30, 2007, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan#38

I am in!!! 
Paul

Paul

I have already arranged to borrow a boat from John . We pick it up in Long Beach. You're in. I'll split the helming with you. We should tell Alan, he will be thrilled to have some East Coast competition. 

Justin

Guys,

Let?s go to CA in July and do this regatta. Looks fun!!! 

Paul Zimmerman

Alan#38

Ray et al,

I agree - it was a blast last year.

As I have no time for any pleasurable things at the moment (bloody wife, kids & work!), I'm afraid it falls on your collective shoulders to organize yourselves for this regatta. 

I believe it is quite a coup to become one of the invited classes(there were some gracious posts on the Fresno YC's old message board concerning the sailing ability and sporting behavior of the Viper sailors, which surely helped) .

If I had a Viper I would be moving Heaven and earth to attend in July - Huntington Lake is such a splendid venue.  Maybe we might consider lending/chartering one of our W Coast boats to our E Coast friends

Good Luck!
Nick

Nick

I?m in !!!!!

We had a blast last year and we want to do it again in 2007.  Can we get all 5 boats from AZ, two from OR and two from CA?  That would be awesome!

Ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey S Cal and Arizona,

After last year's successful visit to Huntington Lake's High Sierra Regatta, the Viper is now one of the official invited classes for 2007...

http://fresnoyachtclub.org/hsr/HSR%20Notice%20of%20Race%202007.pdf

If you have a Viper, this is a must-do regatta with great breeze and beautiful scenery.  Spread the word...

Best,

Nick M

Justin Scott

Hey Ray, Alan and Nick,

Spoke to John yesterday, we have a boat. Paul Z is definitely stoked. Nick mentioned something about camping????? Where we are a camp has log walls and a wood stove! We're coming to California.....We are expecting dinner at Wolfgang Puck, a tour of the local Napa Valley vineyard, and Scarlett Johansson!
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Alan#38

I'm planning on driving down to the '07 HSR.  It's about a 16 hour drive, but It'll be worth it to meet and sail with y'all.   I'm new to the viper and new to the asym.  I hope to get at least one hand that knows asym. sail handling, viper tactics and won't get too frustrated with a newbie.  I've been pretty successful in keel boat racing, but I know i've got a big learning curve ahead of me.  Please email if you're a seasoned viper sailer and you're interested in a ride at HSR.