Sarasota Viper Fleet

Started by Brad Boston, November 20, 2012, 09:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Boston

Hey everyone,

There is a group of people down in Sarasota FL looking to build a fleet of Vipers! They need our help to get a demo of some sort there to show the boat off a little more. There are 5 or so that are ready to buy and others that just need to see the boat. What can we do to help them out?

This is a great place to sail a viper and would be great to have more Florida boats!!!

Brad Boston

Drew Harper

Quote from: Brad Boston on November 20, 2012, 09:58:21 AM
Hey everyone,

There is a group of people down in Sarasota FL looking to build a fleet of Vipers! They need our help to get a demo of some sort there to show the boat off a little more. There are 5 or so that are ready to buy and others that just need to see the boat. What can we do to help them out?

This is a great place to sail a viper and would be great to have more Florida boats!!!

Brad Bosotn

Wait a minute...who is Brad Bosotn? ;-)

Brad, grab Lee and Eric, hookup the trailer and we'll see ya'll down there!

Seriously, Dan Tucker is on this. We have the Miami circuit coming up and there'll be loads of opportunity to sail, demo, race boats in Florida this year. I just sold a boat to a guy in the PNW who is taking delivery in Peabody, shipping the boat to Miami for Bacardi, driving back through Charleston Race Week then I'll ship it West on a truck with 3 others in the Spring :-D

Thanks for pointing this out Brad. I owe ya one (or ten, I lost count already)
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Dan Tucker

Yup, we're on it. Local demo in Sarasota tentatively scheduled Jan 5-6. Once confirmed, we'll start promoting it.

As Drew pointed out, we also have several demo opportunities in Miami. Anyone who flies in to one of these scheduled demos and buys a new Viper will have the cost of their airfare deducted from their purchase price, up to $350. 

The demo schedule on the Class site has the dates: http://viper640.org/rondar/demos
Once the Sarasota date is confirmed, I'll add that.
Race it like you stole it.

Brad Boston

The sooner the better... Evan just test sails from someone close would be good before the official demo.

Josh Vogel

I think there are a few boats in Boston / Marblehead contemplating the trip to Miami this winter. Could be a good opportunity to organize the boats and ship them all down together. You could have another demo regatta.

Michelle Lee

Just wanted to say thanks to Dan for bringing the Viper to Sarasota for the demo.  We all had a wonderful time and loved the boat.  In addition to the group that was initially looking, several more people took test sails and appear interested.

The boat was fun, the Viper sailors seem like a great group, now we just need to get our local fleet going so we can join in.

Cheers.

David Hillmyer

Update... The Sarasota Viper Fleet is up and running. We have four boats actively sailing, 119, 79, 202, and 203. We have some good leads out there for a few more potential buyers. We're hoping to get to six by the end of the year, recruiting every chance we get...

So far, so good,... we Love our new Vipe!

Dave
203 "Peer Pressure"

Robert Bernard

Yaye!!! More vipers in Florida!!
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

Jay Harrell

I thought #91 also went to Sarasota.  Is it still there?  And will there be a fleet at SSS mid winters next year?

David Hillmyer

My mistake, it is 91 here not 79. And yes, we hope to have some Vipers at the SSS one design midwinters. I'll post some info on the regatta as it gets closer.

Jay Harrell

Do you happen to have possible 2014 dates yet?  I'd like to put a 'save the date' on my personal calendar.

Jesse Winterbottom

Glad to see the Sarasota fleet doing well. Soon Melbourne area (on the east coast of FL) will have two Vipers. I know we'll be taking ours over to SSS to sail with those guys and gals.
Jesse & Alicia
# TBD

Peter Beardsley

Jesse,

Do you have a new boat on order?  Welcome to the forums and fleet! 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jesse Winterbottom

I worked it out with Timbo, putting the down payment down this fall for a new one. Will be adding to the Florida fleet.
Jesse & Alicia
# TBD

Justin Scott

That's really great news. Welcome Jesse.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee