Total Members Voted: 10

Brian Barmmer

RIP Viper #92 - My Next One Will Be Safety Orange
C9H13NO3

Fletcher

Viper 207 Back in Business

Kay VanValkenburgh

we'll be there both days.

anyone wanting to practice together, give a shout. we'll happily go out early and sail together to get dialed in for the conditions.
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Matt Rowlinson

CAN 70 will be there both days.  Anyone know where out of town boats should set up? EYC?

Peter Beardsley

161 will be on the racecourse on Sunday at minimum -- probably won't get up there in time to go play on Saturday.  We'll be out practicing all week for a couple of hours each day while doing boatwork in between for those who want to tune up.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Fletcher

Matt - Any out of town boats will not be able to launch or store at any of the clubs prior to the 5th. You will be able to launch and store at the Marblehead Boating Center(Parker's), though there is probably a fee.  We are working on an official announcement with more details, so stay tuned.
Viper 207 Back in Business

Jon Stubbs

Two Aussie boats will be there.

Also... The poll is faulty.. It won't let me select both  "tuning up" and  "free rum" option.

Olaf Bleck

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Brad Boston

Kay VanValkenburgh

Fletcher is correct that Marblehead Boating Center is available for launching. You can sign up on the website. I'll confirm that the $75 'round trip' fee will suffice, and post the answer here as well as email it to the registrants for the NAs. I'll also check into what you'd need to do to launch from MBC throughout the NAs.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Justin Scott

It will be low tide at around 6.30 pm on Sunday?

Shall we organize a Viper beach bonfire on Saturday evening on Brown's Island?  You can walk across at low tide and wade back until about 2 hours after low tide. I'll bring the RIB in  case we get stranded. Its a very beautiful spot.

Also if anyone is bringing the family, kids, or any significant non-sailing others to NAs, I can lend a couple of sea kayaks and the kids are welcome to come over and fool around on the lawn and the tide pools by my cottage.  The rules of ocean front badminton are that if the shuttlecock floats, the shot was "out".
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Kay VanValkenburgh

Store and launch from MBC (Parker's) for Labor Day weekend through end of NAs for $80.

Please PM me if you intend to sail from there for either/both events so I can give a count to the MBC board. Please also download and complete this waiver: http://www.mhd-boating.org/sites/default/files/mbc_2012_registration.pdf

I'll be on hand Saturday and Sunday, so you can give both the completed waiver and payment to me when you arrive.

Looking forward to a fun weekend!

Justin Scott

Quote from: Jon Stubbs on August 16, 2012, 06:23:15 AM
Two Aussie boats will be there.

Also... The poll is faulty.. It won't let me select both  "tuning up" and  "free rum" option.

I agree. Tough choice. I went for the free rum.
I figured that there will always be room on the start line for a late entrant but I dont want anyone drinking my rum.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Kay VanValkenburgh

Several people have asked about pricing for different combinations of days and storage preferences.

The $80 rate is a special one I negotiated with the MBC board (I'm chair, and have to be careful about all fleets getting equal treatment while also making sure we can pay the bills). The single round trip (launch and retrieve) is $75. Everything beyond that is $10 per day.

We're not really able to create special pricing for each situation, so I hope one of the above options can work for each of the combos people have been asking about.

Please be sure to find me with your payment and signed waiver. Everyone at MBC is a volunteer, and by far our least favorite piece is collections.... Thanks!