Mast mount instrument brackets

Started by Luke Porter, May 31, 2012, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Porter

Quote from: Jason Hyerstay on April 03, 2013, 11:37:58 PM
Can you please tell us the front to back dimension?

Does the gnav line ever push it sideways when the boom is out?

Of course I completely forgot to measure one today while I was at the workshop. I think it's 6" or 7" front to back. Myself, Peter Bauer and Peter Beardsley tested the prototypes and the big change was to make them deeper so they cleared the gnav and cunningham lines. I know that nothing touches them no matter where you put the boom, with the possible exception of an over-enthusiastic crew member.

Luke.
"Porkchop"
Can 166
Halifax, NS

Matt Harden

I would like one of your mast mounts. Please contact me via email to tell me how to pay.
Thank you
Matt Harden
[email protected]

Jason Hyerstay

I got mine. It looks good! Thanks Luke!

Any tips on drilling thru carbon when I mount my instrument plates?
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Luke Porter

Quote from: Jason Hyerstay on May 02, 2013, 10:15:51 AM
Any tips on drilling thru carbon when I mount my instrument plates?

Stand the bracket up on a flat surface when you mark the holes to make sure the mounts don't end up crooked. Use a sharp drill bit and go for it. Don't push too hard on the drill and you shouldn't get much in the way of debris on the back side. Use a small knife or a small bit of sandpaper to clean up any debris that happen and you're good.

Luke.
"Porkchop"
Can 166
Halifax, NS

John Leyland

Hey Luke,

I'd also like to buy one of your brackets and have PM'd you with my address and email info.

Thanks,
John
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Nick Kofski

Hello Luke I'd like one of these as well if you're still making them.

Contact me when you can, nkofski AT gmail.com.

Thanks,
Nick
FNG  -  USA 148