Sails required

Started by Duncan Adams, April 08, 2012, 06:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan Adams

Hi There, we have a Viper here in the UK and we are just about to look to add the carbon the rig (all other mods done). I think our current sails won't work correctly on a carbon stick, so we are after a good set ( main and jib) of ex champ or lightly used sails to go on the new mast. We would of loved to look at new ones but with the cost of the mast as well we can't afford it. So if you've got a good set but want to upgrade for new ones this year, contact me.
thanks Duncan

Justin Scott

Hey Duncan,

Can you send your boat # and contact info to the class secy. Somewhere on the website, there is a sign up sheet (you dont have to join class, altho welcome to) and then you will be kept in the loop with class emails etc (incl sails for sale etc.)

What boat # do you have?

J

PS Old sails work alright on the carbon rig, just the main is a bit prone to invert in big breeze. Ask Rondar UK if they have any inexpensive early generation Hyde mains lying around or give Glyn a call to see if he has some older sails to sell.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Duncan Adams

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the reply, I already get emails ref the class but i'll have a look for the sign up bit. Our boat sail number is GBR 602 (although there is some infusion so it might be GBR 605). I'll speak to Rondar ref the sails, but if you hear of any over there I'd be grateful if you could let me know as our sails aren't great. I don't know Glyn do you have any contact details for him?
Thanks
Duncan

Duncan Adams

Hi all,
With all these "Fall Specials" on new sails I was wondering if there was anyone out there looking to move on a used ( but decent) main and jib!  I'm still looking?
Thanks