Crew available in Houston

Started by Matt Haddon, December 29, 2011, 01:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Haddon

I moved to Houston from UK last year and now is time to start sailing again. Any chance of a trial run in a Viper? I have 20 years of competitive circuit experience in asymmetric dinghies like the ISO, Int14 and RS800... Followed by small keelboats like the Hunter 707 and the RSElite (a 3 man symmetric). Super quick sheet hand in an asymmetric...tho am also thinking about getting back behind the wheel.

Thanks

Matt

Jeff Jones

Jason Brooks

Quote from: Matt Haddon on December 29, 2011, 01:16:02 PM
I moved to Houston from UK last year and now is time to start sailing again. Any chance of a trial run in a Viper? I have 20 years of competitive circuit experience in asymmetric dinghies like the ISO, Int14 and RS800... Followed by small keelboats like the Hunter 707 and the RSElite (a 3 man symmetric). Super quick sheet hand in an asymmetric...tho am also thinking about getting back behind the wheel.

Thanks

Matt

test. my sister is in Houston and trying to pick a club. What y know?

Brian Shores

Guys, most of the Houston Viper activity is based out of Houston Yacht Club in LaPorte.  There's a couple Vipers at Seabrook Shipyard as well.  HYC is hosting the 2013 Viper North Americans and there will be several viper circuit regattas on Galveston Bay this year bettween HYC and GBCA.  First one is the HYC Midwinter regatta in early Feb.  Jeff Jones from Austin is really good about finding people rides so I would stay in contact with him. 

Jeff Jones

Ya, what he said.

This picture was taken a last weekend.   HYC is pretty excited about hosting the 2013 NA's (as you can tell).. they are all about the vipers. 

And if i lived in Houston, i'd be a member of HYC in a split second.  Fantastic facilities, junior program, bar, instant access to the bay, two cranes, big yard..  oh, did i mention the bar.   

Some really good people there too.

Quote from: Brian Shores on January 25, 2012, 03:36:11 PM
Guys, most of the Houston Viper activity is based out of Houston Yacht Club in LaPorte.  There's a couple Vipers at Seabrook Shipyard as well.  HYC is hosting the 2013 Viper North Americans and there will be several viper circuit regattas on Galveston Bay this year bettween HYC and GBCA.  First one is the HYC Midwinter regatta in early Feb.  Jeff Jones from Austin is really good about finding people rides so I would stay in contact with him.