Marblehead NA charter

Started by Tim Carter, November 14, 2011, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Hi, would like to start stirring the pot...

We need a boat for Marblehead, will supply sails, and rum..  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Justin Scott

Note to a certain shop in Peabody:-

"Build them and they will come"
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Somers Kempe

Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Tim Carter

What type of rum?

I'm thinking a nice 10 Cane for the morning pick me up....

then a nice dark Bundaberg for the evening finish.   
Lt Coast Gov

John Park

We will be looking for charters for 2012 na's. If the currency is Bundi we should be able to take out the market.
But before that, is there interest in chartering some boats for the 2012 NA's to some AUS sailors?
Any suggestions/offers welcome.

John Park

Is there anybody out there to help supply 2 charter boats without sails for the 2012 labor day and na's in 2012; marblehead to bring AUS sails onto your starts?

Peter Beardsley

We'll be making a list in the next few months of all boats in the area and seeing who will be doing the NAs and which boats may be available due to conflicts, etc.  Also, with U.S. Viper manufacturing ramped up by that time, there may be more flexibility on charter availability via that route.  Plan to sail -- you guys seem to have called first dibs on charters so we'll make it work. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

John Park

Thanks Peter.
I will stay tuned and tell the others here to plan to sail.

There may be interest in a third boat. I will test the interest now we have dates and enough sailing days to have a good crack.

Drew Harper

Peter. I've been speaking to many Left Coasters that want to sail the NA's. Push comes to shove, I can put three boats on our double and another on top of Ezra's rig but I feel confident that if you find 4 extra boats laying about, we will send 12 sailors east to complete. Will try to get our best in the cue including Winnard who is our version of Boston.

Plese keep us (me) in the loop on this.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Justin Scott

Quote from: Drew Harper on December 03, 2011, 11:54:43 AM
Winnard who is our version of Boston.

Boston, Winnard, Carroll, Jay, Mauri, Taselaar, etc etc........

Mambo Kings thinks zis could be one tough North Americans.

+ None of us have ever gone up against these Aussies. Rumors from down under are that they are quite handy in breeze. Might have to poison them with American beer.

Aussy Viper owners should get priority on charters. 

Anyone know if Locke/Chapman/Nicholson will be back? I was saw the boat was up for sale, but then I heard that if he sells it will be to get a new BSB boat. Hope they are there again. 
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

John Park

Any movements on charters for NA's now registration is open?