Late season sailing

Started by Terry Phillips, October 30, 2011, 06:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Phillips

While you eastie boys were shoveling snow, Lake Erie served up another Sunday (second in a row) of sunshine, moderate wind and temps.
It is amazing how much ground the Viper can cover in just a few minutes.
Tack,tack,tack,jibe,jibe ,jibe - Two hours went by in a flash.
Next weekend will likely be our turn to shovel.

Drake Borer

I don't know.................last time I sailed a Viper on a great lake it was blowin dogs off chains and I was freezin my monkey ..ss off!

Very jealous.  It may be beautiful weather here (75 degrees today), but that thing that used to be lake Travis is still nothin but a river bed.  Damn we need rain here in Texas.

David Furna

Great sailing in NC sat. and Sun...upper 50's and 20kts of breeze. Hate to see it end, but that's the end of Viper season for me. Time for some maintenance work and prep for MardiGras.

Jeff Jones

Wurstfest is the next two weekends, just south of Austin.   First weekend they race centerboards, second weekend is keel-boats. 

Right now we have 10 boat's registered for keelboat weekend, should be a fantastic time. High 60's, but you never know about the wind. 

Got Jay Harrell to send me that centerboard he had for his 640'.  I'm adding a single trap, and it looks like they are going to let me terrorize the portsmouth fleet this weekend.   That should be a hoot!!!  Looks like 70 deg and 10 - 15.

Woo hoo!!

David Furna

I want to see the GoPro video of you sailing on a wire!

Jim Sears

SEASONS?  Not sure I know what those are?
;-)
-Jimbo
F.N.G.
USA-148
SoCal

Garrett Johns

Quote from: Jim Sears on October 31, 2011, 06:27:22 PM
SEASONS?  Not sure I know what those are?
;-)
-Jimbo

Sure you do. It's when all the new TV shows come out! :)
USA 129
Anacortes WA

Terry Phillips

November 6th - Third Sunday in a row on Lake Erie.
65 degrees and sunny, 10-15, puffs to 20+.
All summer, winds were very light. We're finally getting Viper weather.
But, probably done for the year. It usually snows around the 15th.
Said that last week.

Darren Gilbert

I was up in Ottawa over the weekend and saw that Ron's boat was still in the water.  That guy is a die hard!
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)