Author Topic: weekend PHRFing  (Read 2370 times)

David Furna

• Class Member
  • Extremely Active
weekend PHRFing
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Well ole' 55 got to battle with a Thompson 8m this weekend. He rates a 78 and I'm stuck with the BS 90 (which I'm still protesting). Fun racing another sportboat anyway...and one that sails the same angles. He beat me 3 out of 4 races, but if I had a 96 rating like everyone else we would have corrected over him and won the Regatta.

Got to get some more Vipers in NC, otherwise I'm moving to Ft. Walton so Debra and Craig have someone to beat up on!!

Jay Harrell

• Extremely Active
    • OSYC
Re: weekend PHRFing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
Got to get some more Vipers in NC, otherwise I'm moving to Ft. Walton so Debra and Craig have someone to beat up on!!

I can see it now: "Hey honey, let move the family to Ft Walton so I can sail Vipers more often...".  That said, there are some nice houses on Zillow.com in Debra and Craig's neighborhood.....

Craig Wilusz

• Extremely Active
  • Don't Piss Deborah Off........please
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
You know the "hey honey lets move thing" is exactly what we did.  However we only moved less than 30 miles, but if we did it, anybody can.

Build the data, Dave.  go to www.go to www.fwyc.org and look at the results pages there for PHRF.  Might help you, we rate 102 now.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

David Furna

• Class Member
  • Extremely Active
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
102? damn, that will never happen here...but I have applied for a change backed with the results of our last 4 regatta's.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Jason Hyerstay

• Class Member
  • Extremely Active
  • Streetwise - Viper 640 #195
    • Lake Champlain Yacht Club
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
I had my local PHRF look at our 102 by having them do a comparison with M24 ratings for the areas they compare with, and they basically said we were lucky to have our 102. I just hate giving time to J/92 boats at 105.

jason
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, http://lcyc.info/racing/viper_640

Jeff Jones

• Extremely Active
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
With ya Jason, Viper @ 96 on galveston bay, M24 @ 99.

Thank goodness we've overcome this PHRF thing ;-)  You will too one day.

David Furna

• Class Member
  • Extremely Active
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
Big PHRF meeting tonight. As the only "90" in the WORLD.....and with all the data....they "may" bless me with a "96"...still not enough. I'm racing a Thompson 26 that carries at 3 different spins and 2 headsails so they can change to meet the wind conditions.

Anyway....if it stays a 90, I'm selling 55. Ultimate 20 rates 144, so they can kiss my ass!

Dave

Craig Wilusz

• Extremely Active
  • Don't Piss Deborah Off........please
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »
Don't sell the 55, Dave.  It's just PHRF.  The U-20 is an awfully slow boat.  D and I had that on our list of boats when we were looking.  The V really fits a unique bill that nothing really can match, next to a 20 foot beach cat (which we have also).  Your results should show the rating issue, take the 96 if they give it to you and go again.

You Can Do It Dave:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk&feature=related

Don't let em bring ya down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

David Furna

• Class Member
  • Extremely Active
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »
So 55 is not for sale ( I was just kidding anyway). They gave me a 96P, but they are using an old phrf from Charleston when that modified Viper was there and given an 81. Good thing I knew about that one. That made the national average 99. Someone (Dan) needs to get that Charleston PHRF (Mr. Tucker) rating removed from the book for 2011.

Anyway.....vent over....but I better not win too often, or you know what happens.

Coming to FLA this winter to race with yall.....